The AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis trains students to perform advanced diagnostic tasks in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
Most Popular Questions
After successfully AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis, students may apply for:
- AUR50116 Diploma of Automotive Management
7th September 2020
5th October 2020
2nd November 2020
7th December 2020
1st February 2021
1st March 2021
5th April 2021
3rd May 2021
7th June 2021
5th July 2021
2nd August 2021
6th September 2021
4th October 2021
1st November 2021
6 December 2021
Potential job outcomes upon completion of this course:
- Automotive Technical Adviser
- Master Technician
- Must have completed an automotive mechanical Certificate III qualification, or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency.
- Must be of a minimum age of 18+ at the time of course commencement.
- English Language Requirements – IELTS (Academic) overall score of 5.5 or TOEFL IBT 46 or Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 162 or PTE Academic 42 or equivalent.
- Applicants originating from student visa assessment levels 1 and 2 countries without the required IELTS or equivalent score must undertake the Language Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test online to achieve ACSF level 3.
For further information on student visa assessment level and documentation, visit Department of Home Affairs’ website at: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Additionally, all applicants are required to:
- Complete Pre-Training Review
- Complete an LLN assessment – diagnostic process to identify if prospective student requires LLN support
*Note: Some assessment tasks are completed using a computer and internet, and it is essential for the student to possess basic computer skills.
Units of Competency
AURETR028 Diagnose and repair instruments and warning systems
AURETR037 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle safety systems
AURLTB004 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle braking systems
AURLTD009 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle steering and suspension systems
AURLTE004 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle petrol engines
AURTTA025 Diagnose complex faults in vehicle integrated stability control systems
AURLTX004 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle automatic transmission and driveline systems
AURLTE005 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle diesel engines
AURTTR001 Diagnose complex faults in engine management systems
AURATA005 Estimate and quote automotive mechanical and electrical repairs